A great book covering the Austin-Healey ‘Frogeye’ Sprite – The Complete Story is the only book to have been written exclusively about the iconic Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite.
The headlights in the bonnet and unusual radiator grill shape gave the car a cheeky grin, so it soon gained the name ‘Frogeye’. The book covers the full story of the design, development and manufacture of the Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite, including the considerable success of the car in racing and rallying.
Topics covered include:
- The car’s racing success with drivers such as Stirling Moss, John Sprinzel, Paddy Hopkirk and Alec Poole
- The special-bodied and bespoke grand touring versions such as the Sebring Sprite, Alexander GT and Lenham GT, plus the one-off Lumbertubs Sprite
- Modern day Sprites – new-builds and restorations
- Owners’ experiences of living with and driving the Frogeye
- Information about clubs and support for owners
- Foreword by Bic Healey.